Monday, June 26, 7:00-9:30 PM
Tuesday, July 6, 7:00-9:30 PM
Abington Health Center, Willowood Building
Saturday, April 1, 9:00-11:30 AM
Abington Memorial Hospital, Lenfest Pavilion,
Learn what to expect and how to care for your baby
Led by a Registered Nurse who guides expectant parents in basic newborn care.
Receive 104-page book that includes information on safety, becoming new parents, developmental milestones for the first 3 months and more.
Each couple will have a newborn sized doll to learn:
- How to sponge bathe and care for the delicate skin of a newborn
- Swaddling technique
- Umbilical Cord Care
- How to use a bulb syringe
- How to hold and burp a newborn
The class will cover:
- Normal newborn appearance, reflexes and senses
- How to choose and when it is appropriate to call your babies healthcare team for concerns such as illness and fever
- Sleep Patterns of a newborn
- Safe Sleep
- Is my newborn getting enough to eat?
- A video showing normal newborn procedures
Cost: $30/couple Includes 104-page book on baby care