For expectant parents and grandparents
Tuesday, August 22, 7:00-8:45 PM
Next given Monday, October 23 & Monday, December 11
Held at Abington Jefferson Health Center’s Willowood Building, Willow Grove
All new parents have many questions. An Abington Jefferson Health Pediatrician will discuss:
- Hearing screenings after birth- when are they offered and what do they tell us?
- Congenital Cardiac Screenings- is my baby at risk for something this screening could detect?
- What can new parents expect after delivery from the Pediatrician? What happens in the hospital and after your new family goes home?
- Should my baby receive the Hepatitis B vaccination after birth?
- Does my baby need to have antibiotic ointment and a vitamin K shot after birth?
- What is jaundice and should we be concerned about it?
- What is the State and Supplemental Screening?
- Common questions about selecting a Pediatric Care Provider for your child.
- Illness and Safety concerns with a newborn.
- Safe Sleeping, Tummy Time and Common concerns of New Parents
- Vaccination questions- who should be vaccinated and what are the state laws?
- What if my baby needs other services?
Information & Registration: https://www.abingtonhealth.org/classes-events/shopping-cart-registration/?eventId=eb5682e1-5aed-e511-8b32-2c768a4e1b84#.Vx-lgfkrJD8